Friday, March 21, 2014

Even more surgery

The days are flying by and soon I'll be in Pittsburgh for yet another surgery. How many can one body survive? I have to have a herniated disc removed and replaced with a donor bone, then a titanium disc will be fused on that spot. I'll never be the same again. I don't know if I'm making the right decision, but the disc is pressing on the nerve and causing my arm and hand are going numb and it hurts all the time. :(

I'm probably out of my ever-loving mind to have this done so soon after the knee surgery, but sadly I can't heal the way I wish I did. I woke up this morning and could barely move. It hurt so bad! I sat and cried after everyone left for the day. The pain was unbearable. I can't believe it's so bad at this age. I should be traveling around the world, not being pushed around WalMart in a wheelchair because I can't walk.

I go on Monday for the pre-op check up and to make sure I'm healthy enough to have the surgery. I can't miss this chance. I could lose the use of my arm and I can't stand that, so I have to go and let the doctor know I'm doing great and am all ready for the surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment