Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fed Ex Frustrations

My cellphone died over the weekend and the helpful Verizon associates were shipping me a new one overnight. It was to arrive today. I got up at 8 a.m. and sat here til I had to get ready to leave for another doctor's appointment at 1:30 p.m. My son then sat here, waiting. Sometime in the TWO seconds I wasn't sitting on the porch the driver supposedly came to my door and then went to my neighbors. Of course, knocking on the door or maybe ringing a doorbell was beyond this person's ability.

I get on the phone at 1 p.m. and Bryan (employee #876992) gets on and is oh so sorry. He called the driver and my package would be delivered NO LATER than 3 p.m. today. OK, fine. I go to the doctor and it takes quite a while with the numerous health issues.

Well, 3 p.m. arrives and my son gets a call, that there will be NO delivery today. The driver's too far away. It will be delivered tomorrow. Ah, Right! Tomorrow is a national holiday and I know very well, there will be no delivery on that day. Why lie again?

Well, I get back on the phone and this time it's Jesse who answers. I give him the option of putting me right through to a manager because I was beyond livid. He assured me he could help me and he was oh so sorry. Well, after five minutes, he realized he was over his head and transferred me to the "manager" that I asked for to begin with. Connie gets on the line. "Are you a manager?" I ask. "Well, no, I'm a customer service representative and she's oh so sorry," she admits. Yet another lie from this company. Don't they know what the truth is? I don't want to talk to her, give me a manager. She puts me on hold for 20 minutes with horrid elevator music. No, music is too strong a word for the noise I had to endure.

Then John gets on the line. He sounds like he at least shaves. Are you a manager? Yes, he replied. I give him a minute to read the notes that I know are on the screen about me and how furious I am and I'm sure a few colorful metaphors. He said they OUTSOURCE their calls and the people I talked to didn't know what they were doing. Why are they employed then? He's oh so sorry. If I hear those three words again, my head may just explode. He said the driver was here at 12:50 p.m. and he even spoke to my neighbors? Ah, they all work and there is nobody home anywhere near us at that time of the day. So, yet another lie.

After 20 minutes of arguing with him, he says he'll call the driver and see where he is and maybe "I can go pick my package up there."  He calls back and says that the driver will be here at 4 p.m., which is only 45 minutes away. Right! I had to express my doubt and the fact that every single person in his company has lied to me today. He starts screaming at me if I don't stop, then I won't be getting my package. So a manager at Fed Ex is threatening me that he will make sure I don't get my new phone. This is the type of people in charge there? I would NEVER USE FED EX again. From now on, I will make sure to request a different delivery provider. I can't be the only person they lie to and play games with. Threatening me went way over the line. Is that what the corporate office really wants to portray?  Feel free to share your problems with this "customer service" giant. Let them know what they do is not right.

I'm a reporter, my phone is my life. Without it, I can't get in touch with sources, do interviews or anything else. Everything is on that phone. There are some sources that aren't to be named and I don't write their info anywhere but in my phone under a pseudonym. It is vital I have a phone 24/7.

So, here I sit on the porch, it's pouring the rain, waiting for a driver that I know very well won't show up.

UPDATE:  It's 4:30 p.m. and the driver pulls up, gets out of his van and starts screaming at me. OH YEAH? You're coming to my house and scream? Game on. He admitted he never rang the door bell and tried to say he talked to some guy standing on the street. Wonderful. Amazing he didn't just give the box to that stranger. Oh, if you're on Facebook, feel free to join the rest of us who have been mistreated by this corporation.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with Fed Ex. *Knock on wood* we haven't had a bad experience with the company. I'm certain that your experiences will weigh heavily on me when I have a choice between UPS and Fed Ex!

    ReplyDelete