Sunday, May 18, 2014

More rotten health problems

Once again, I've gotten a blow and it has me down for the count. I somehow ended up with double pneumonia as well as a secondary infection that they haven't been able to identify yet or if they have, nobody told me what I have. This has been one of the most miserable weeks in my life. I can't breathe, it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Then there's the non-stop coughing. That alone is horrid. :(

We were in Pittsburgh on Friday to see the next surgeon for me to make sure the donor bone and titanium disc are staying in place and I'm doing well. So far, so good. I woke up from the surgery 7 hours after it was over and I couldn't believe that my arm was no longer numb or in pain! Dr. Vincent Silvaggio of 3 Rivers Orthopedics is truly the greatest surgeon out there. I would never allow anyone else to touch my neck. I wish I had gone to his partner to have my knee done. The torn meniscus should have been healed the months ago, but I'm still having so much trouble with walking down steps, bending the knee and even putting weight on it is a killer. I should have been sent to physical therapy immediately, but I surgeon waited 9 weeks before authorizing it. I may never get my knee back to normal because of that move. The PT agrees I waited too long and he's doing his best to make it the best it can be. It will never be normal again, but I. have to keep going.

I'm slowly getting over the pneumonia I can breathe a bit easier today. such a relief! I go for my third chest x~ray on Wednesday to see if they are now clear or at least cleaning up. What a relief! Lets hope this is the end of health problems. I can't take much more.

Randy also saw one of my surgeon's partners to have injections in his knee. He needs to have it replaced, but we can't do that right now. Social Security is backed up 14 months. It will be no sooner than September when they schedule my hearing. He had 2 more injections to have done the next two Wednesday. I know how painful they are. He would never admit that pain, but after being with the same man for almost 30 years, you learn to read him.

I'm hoping for decent weather next week, so we can do some photography around the city. The architecture is gorgeous down there.

2 comments:

  1. After my torn meniscus surgery, I did not have PT. The doctor wanted me to try the exercises and walking on my own first.

    I am sorry you have pneumonia. I think that is a risk whenever one has surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been 2 months since my knee surgery & the pain is still awful. The physical therapist can't believe he waited so long. I have 4 more weeks of therapy& I just hope it gets better. I can't get into our tub alone & I'm still weak. Life sucks.

    ReplyDelete